New Resources Consulting is searching for a Project Manager for a consulting engagement in Milwaukee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Execution (50%)
- Removes, resolves, or escalates roadblocks to progress for team members in a timely manner
- Effectively applies project methodology to include planning, organizing, monitoring, managing budget, project closure activities and enforces standards
- Identifies and manages project risks to ensure time, cost, and quality meet business expectations
- Facilitates team meetings/planning sessions and lessons learned/retrospective sessions effectively and ensures team is focused on continuous improvement
- Navigates complex group dynamics by motivating team to work together in the most efficient and effective manner while working to resolve conflict
- Responsible for project communications to the stakeholder community and the project team including status and budget
- Proactively understands how and when to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
Analyze and Prepare for Initiation (10%)
- Identifies and works with Resource Managers to acquire necessary team members
- Creates Project Charter, facilitates solidification of scope, and coordinates creation of product backlog
- Develops relationships with all client personnel to foster closer ties between the business and Information Technology department
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- A minimum of five years of prior IT experience, including at least three years related PM experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile development methodologies as a Scrum Master is preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required and MS Project and Visio is a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to influence without authority
- Detail oriented and possess exceptional organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
What We Do
New Resources Consulting is a world-class management and technology consulting firm based in Milwaukee. We help organizations in a variety of industries implement and use technology to improve efficiency, performance and results.
In addition to being one of Milwaukee’s top-ranked consulting firms, NRC is one of Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing private companies, a Future 50 Award Winner, a Mid-Market Growth Award winner, and consistently recognized as one of Milwaukee’s greatest places to work.
What does that mean? If you join our team, you can use your skills and talents every day to apply the latest technology solutions, unravel complicated business issues, and help your client overcome obstacles and thrive.
Since 1992, we’ve built our business on integrity, ability and trust and, with every action, our consultants prove, day in and day out, that our clients picked the right partner.
That’s because we’re as picky as they are.
- About our people. We hire only those who are passionate about helping others achieve their goals.
- About our standards. We expect to live up to the high standards we set for ourselves, and the high standards our clients deserve.
- About our reputation. What our clients and employees think of us matters more than anything.
- About client success. We succeed when our clients succeed. Our job is to help them get where they want to go.
Are you picky too? Then we should talk. Please get in touch with us by email or by applying with the button below.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.