As we wrapped up a great week of information and networking at COLLABORATE 2017, which consisted of 1,250 education sessions including over 160 dedicated to PeopleSoft, NRC wanted to provide our highlights and Top Takeaways from this year’s conference:
All Things Cloud. There is a huge focus on Cloud with planning either single application moves to the Cloud or full migration to Cloud applications. Key takeaways on Cloud solutions are:
- Cost reduction in maintenance, licensing, and infrastructure
- Mobile and Social Capabilities
New Cloud Features:
- Infrastructure management as all Administrative tasks are completed by Oracle with the exception of interfaces and data conversion
- Adopted modern capabilities
- Customization through configuration and personalization based on business needs
PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface and Mobile Capabilities. Many organizations have adopted a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy and now allow those mobile devices to access the corporate infrastructure. Historically PeopleSoft has been extremely difficult to access and navigate via a small factor mobile device, but that has now been addressed with the Fluid UI available in PeopleTools 8.54 and up.
- Cross device compatibility
- Unified navigation
- Continued commitment from PeopleSoft to deliver Fluid versions of application pages
Simplified Cloud Analytics, specifically Oracle Transaction Business Intelligence (OTBI).
- OTBI embeds analytics in Oracle SaaS applications, such as includes Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud, providing reporting and analysis in real time.
- OTBI is completely integrated within the SaaS applications and automatically extends and adapts reporting anytime the underlying applications are configured. It also integrates with security roles of the source applications.
- Created for line-of-business users, OTBI delivers analysis via interactive dashboards, packaged KPIs, and alerts to desktop machines and mobile devices.
Interested in learning more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the value NRC can bring to your organization.
Want to learn more about what the Oracle Solutions Group can do for your company?